Galentine’s Day

Happy Galentine’s, Palentine’s, and Valentine’s Day!

Whether you love or hate Valentine’s Day, we can all agree that showing the people you care about some love is always a good thing.

Whether that means having a girl’s day full of romantic movies and brunch, going to dinner all dressed up with your SO, or treating yo’self with shopping and pampering, we all need a little extra love in February!

I like to celebrate all kinds of holidays because I’m kind of a holiday junkie. I really love them all (except Easter but that’s random and besides the point) because they’re something to look forward to and celebrate! So I’ll be doing all three of those activities! Part one happened yesterday when some of my best friends and I went to see Breakfast at Tiffany’s… and then afterwards had breakfast at Mac’s.

I love Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I’ve been Holly Golightly for Halloween (it’s my go-to costume), I have multiple photos of Audrey Hepburn in random places in my apartment (points for whoever can find them all) and overall it’s just a beautiful film. It’s the perfect film for a fashion buff with the amazing Givenchy ensembles. The characters and plot are so unique from other movies. It paints New York in in such a romantic way, and Holly is so eccentric that she makes the movie really stand out. Plus Moon River has to be one of the best themes ever.

Even better, the movie was playing at North Park Theater, an old-timey theater in Buffalo that makes you feel like you’re transporting back in time. I love the modernness of movie theaters now too, but you can’t beat the feeling of theaters from back then. Maybe I’m romanticizing the past, but movies were more of an event then and this theater resembles that. After the movie, we went to brunch and then a little bit of shopping! We all have pretty busy schedules so when we do see each other we have lots to catch up on.

So, for this Valentine’s Day, show some love to everyone in your life and find a way to perk up your February. Because it’s cold and dreary out and people need a bit of warmth.

1. February 13, 2017 / 5:30 pm

Breakfast at Tiffany’s is one of my favourite movies!

ANOUK

• vintagelillies
      March 1, 2017 / 1:27 am

Me too! 🙂

• vintagelillies
      March 1, 2017 / 1:27 am

Thanks Elena!

• vintagelillies
      February 19, 2017 / 9:05 pm

Thank you! 🙂

• vintagelillies
      March 1, 2017 / 1:27 am

Thanks! It was great!

2. February 16, 2017 / 9:43 am

I couldn’t agree with you more about romanticizing the past and move theaters being more of a special event back then. People would get all dressed up just to see a film. I wish people still dressed up nice for every outing these days.

I didn’t like Breakfast at Tiffany’s all that much when I first saw it (I was in my tweens though so I really didn’t understand the whole plot) but when I saw it again in full a couple years ago, I completely appreciated it so much and even went to see it in theaters a couple months ago (it was a TCM nationwide event!) and it was magical. Seeing Audrey on the big screen-what could be better than that!? I’m not lucky enough to live near theaters that show old films regularly but thankfully because of TCM’s events, my local theater does show old films once in a while. This December, they’re showing Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner and I’m really looking forward to seeing it! I love that film so much! 🙂

• vintagelillies
      March 1, 2017 / 1:29 am

Isn’t Breakfast at Tiffany’s great! Audrey Hepburn was just so classy and eccentric, I love it. That’s pretty awesome that they show older movies! I think it’s awesome to see older movies in theaters and don’t understand why more don’t do it!

• vintagelillies
      March 1, 2017 / 1:29 am

Thank you!

• April 2, 2017 / 10:13 am

The accident of finding this post has breithgned my day

3. February 20, 2017 / 8:51 pm