Small Town Charm

Processed with VSCO with e1 preset

Processed with VSCO with e3 preset

Processed with VSCO with hb2 preset

{Wearing: SheInside cape, Old Navy scarf, Nine West bag, Victoria’s Secret sweater, Just Black jeans, Eileen Fisher booties}

Hey guys! Yesterday I went back home to get my car fixed and spend time with my dad! We had a really nice day, my car eventually got fixed (yay!) and we took some cute pictures in the meantime. It rained all day so we found a little alleyway that was thankfully covered to take these photos.

The adorable cafe you see in the photos is the Shirt Factory Cafe in Medina, which I’ve written about before here and here. I haven’t been back there since I moved out and it was really nice to go back, drink a maple latte thing that was so delicious, and catch up with my friend who is a barista there! It was the perfect place to go with my dad since our favorite thing to do together is get coffee and chat for hours. If you want to read more about the cafe, the couple at In a DC Minute wrote a lovely post about it and some of the history surrounding the cafe.

Now onto the outfit, SheInside sent me this beautiful cape (thank you!) and I was so excited to wear it on here! I’ve never had a cape jacket but always wanted one so while I was browsing their shop, I figured now was the perfect time to give it a chance. It’s double breasted and has a scalloped hem which were the two qualities that struck me the most, but also it just has a classic charm. I will say the fit is a bit weird though, it’s a bit chunky and if I could do it again I would get a size smaller. But for the price, it is lovely. You can view it online here!

My style changes as I grow up but the “classic” element always stays, I guess that’s probably why it’s called classic. So, as far as I’m concerned, you can’t go wrong with basic wardrobe staples and sometimes those can be the cutest outfits. In the winter, if you have a couple classic coats, boots, and jeans, I think you’re all set. I’m all about trying to create new outfits and using the most out of your wardrobe, but sometimes simple is key.

1. January 5, 2017 / 10:08 am

As always, you look lovely! Glad you had a fun time 🙂 Always good to catch up with loved ones. I love this outfit, it’s super cute! Stay warm and cozy and have a great new year.

2. January 5, 2017 / 11:21 pm

I love the combination of the cape with that plaid scarf! Sounds like you had a really good time, and I hope your 2017 is off to a great start as well.

Kathryn • simplykk.com

3. January 6, 2017 / 11:12 am

Lord, you make Medina look good!!! Thanks for your sweet mention, doll! 🙂 And now I’m off to share this everywhere 🙂 xoxo

4. January 7, 2017 / 3:07 am

The gold buttons are such a pretty detail and I’m really loving your scarf too! It’s so beautiful! I hope you had a first week of the New Year! Have a great weekend babe!

xoxo Rina Samantha

• April 2, 2017 / 12:03 pm

Wow! Great to find a post kncikong my socks off!

• April 24, 2017 / 6:07 pm

ONE MORE THING HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT ARE ON DRUGS ARE GOING TO TAKE THE CHANCE TO GET A DRUG TEST WHEN THEY KNO THEY WILL NOT PASS I DONT THINK THE COST OF THE TESTING WILL BE A PROBLEM

5. January 7, 2017 / 5:41 am

Lovely photos! The cape is totally your style. Also great to see photos of the town; so cosy!

ANOUK

January 7, 2017 / 12:47 pm

I love the classic touch of your outfits, I would also describe my own style (sometimes!) in that way. This plaid scarf looks lovely on you, especially with the cape! 🙂

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

7. Anonymous
    January 8, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Such cute photos, looks so cosy and lovely! Also a massive fan of the cape <3

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

8. January 9, 2017 / 4:30 pm

What a classy look! The scallop detail of the cape is too lovely. The pieces also go so well together–the red bag matches the red stripes in the plaid scarf, and the navy in the scarf matches the cape. I agree that picking versatile, timeless pieces is the way to have a solid wardrobe.

I’m glad that you got to spend time with your dad! It’s really nice just to sit and catch up with parents.

Sending you good vibes always!

imperfect idealist

9. January 10, 2017 / 1:25 am

The scarf looks so cosy! I love your bag as well, it’s a beautiful colour.

10. January 10, 2017 / 6:32 am

I like it the best when that green cosy scarf covers the cape. and that little red bag is the cutest! looks slightly vintage. oh and how incredibly sweet that you visited this lovely café with your dad and he took those photos for you! I know my dad would not do that 😛

Maiken – Part of me

• January 11, 2017 / 12:03 pm

Thanks Maiken! My dad actually took most of the pictures for this blog a few years ago, but now my boyfriend does it usually, so I think my dad misses it sometimes!

11. January 12, 2017 / 3:35 pm

Super cute post my dear, love those pictures! And loove your scarf ♡

12. January 23, 2017 / 9:50 pm