Holiday party season is in full swing and if you’re cooler than me you’re probably going to lots of parties this year :). In all seriousness, dressing up for a holiday party is really fun and one of the best parts! I went to a Christmas party for work a couple weeks ago and since it was the beginning of the holiday season I hadn’t gotten a dress yet and did not feel prepared to dress all festive. So, I went to the mall in between classes last week and bought a holiday dress so I’m ready for the next one.
I’m not one to style my hair very much because, a. I’m actually terrible at using hair styling tools, and b. I get up really early in the morning usually and just don’t have time to add that extra step in. However, when ISA Professional contacted me about partnering up for a post, I got pretty excited! The one hair tool I can use is a straightener. Since I have naturally curly hair, I always feel much more polished and professional when I straighten it. The digital titanium flat iron is really easy to use and heats up fast so I didn’t waste any time at all. This straightener didn’t make my hair look frizzy either which is a problem I’ve had with flat irons in the past. I used a heat protectant and hair oil to add extra shine. I added the headband for a “Blair Waldorf” look because my style will forever be inspired by Gossip Girl.
I looked through a ton of different dresses at the mall and eventually decided on this one. A lot of people swear by black for holiday parties but there is something festive about going for a color. I’m not a fan of bright red on myself, so burgundy is the next best thing. I love the flare lace sleeves and the scalloped hemline. I paired it with a fur vest to add warmth, which probably works inside but in the future, I will wear a super heavy coat as well because I froze to death taking these photos.
I’ve been jamming Christmas music for the past month now so without further adieu here is my…
Holiday Party Playlist:
- I Can’t Wait For Christmas- Mindi Abair
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside- Margaret Whiting
- Christmas in the Sand- Colbie Caillat
- This Christmas- Donny Hathaway
- Please Come Home for Christmas- Christina Perri
- Merry Christmas, Baby- Christina Aguilera
- Last Christmas- Wham!
- Santa Baby- Eartha Kitt
- All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Michael Buble
- Oh Santa!- Mariah Carey
- Celebrate Me Home- Kenny Loggins
- Someday at Christmas- Stevie Wonder
- Wonderful Christmastime- Paul McCartney
- My Only Wish (This Year)- Britney Spears
- The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
- I’ll Be Home for Christmas- Frank Sinatra
- Mistletoe- Colbie Caillat
- Underneath the Tree- Kelly Clarkson
- Something About December- Christina Perri
Also, it’s not Christmas music necessarily but if you’re having a holiday party, blast Bruno Mars’s new album because it’s fire.