Holiday Party Look + Playlist

{Wearing: Francesca’s dress, Loft faux fur vest, Sam Edelman booties, H&M tights, Nine West bag, Hair courtesy of ISA Professional}

Holiday party season is in full swing and if you’re cooler than me you’re probably going to lots of parties this year :). In all seriousness, dressing up for a holiday party is really fun and one of the best parts! I went to a Christmas party for work a couple weeks ago and since it was the beginning of the holiday season I hadn’t gotten a dress yet and did not feel prepared to dress all festive. So, I went to the mall in between classes last week and bought a holiday dress so I’m ready for the next one.

I’m not one to style my hair very much because, a. I’m actually terrible at using hair styling tools, and b. I get up really early in the morning usually and just don’t have time to add that extra step in. However, when ISA Professional contacted me about partnering up for a post, I got pretty excited! The one hair tool I can use is a straightener. Since I have naturally curly hair, I always feel much more polished and professional when I straighten it. The digital titanium flat iron is really easy to use and heats up fast so I didn’t waste any time at all. This straightener didn’t make my hair look frizzy either which is a problem I’ve had with flat irons in the past. I used a heat protectant and hair oil to add extra shine. I added the headband for a “Blair Waldorf” look because my style will forever be inspired by Gossip Girl.

I looked through a ton of different dresses at the mall and eventually decided on this one. A lot of people swear by black for holiday parties but there is something festive about going for a color. I’m not a fan of bright red on myself, so burgundy is the next best thing. I love the flare lace sleeves and the scalloped hemline. I paired it with a fur vest to add warmth, which probably works inside but in the future, I will wear a super heavy coat as well because I froze to death taking these photos.

I’ve been jamming Christmas music for the past month now so without further adieu here is my…

Holiday Party Playlist:

• My Only Wish (This Year)- Britney Spears
  • The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
  • I’ll Be Home for Christmas- Frank Sinatra
  • Mistletoe- Colbie Caillat
  • Underneath the Tree- Kelly Clarkson
  • Something About December- Christina Perri

Also, it’s not Christmas music necessarily but if you’re having a holiday party, blast Bruno Mars’s new album because it’s fire.

December 13, 2016 / 4:01 pm

I absolutely love the burgundy colour of you dress combined with the fur gilet – winter outfit perfection! Ah, the Christmas lights look beautiful twinkling around you 🙂 Fab Christmas playlist by the way, Mariah Carey’s Oh Santa! is one of my all-time fave festive songs!

aglassofice.com
    x

• December 13, 2016 / 6:54 pm

Thanks so much Gabrielle! I know it’s a classic, I always jam out to it! 🙂

2. Dasynka
    December 14, 2016 / 5:36 am

I never use hair tool cause it damages hair!
    You are so beautiful and I love these Xmas pics 🙂

• December 14, 2016 / 2:23 pm

That’s true, heat protection spray makes it a bit better! Thank you so much! 🙂

3. December 14, 2016 / 11:18 pm

Love this Holiday look dear! I’m also terrible at using hair styling tools that’s why I rarely use them. The one you got sounds amazing! I also love your Holiday Party Playlist! You should make it on soundcloud that we can follow you and listen to it.
    Wish you very Happy Holidays.

With Love,

Aurelie | http://www.surface85.com

• December 15, 2016 / 12:56 pm

That’s an awesome idea I have never thought about that! I’ll do it! And thank you so much 🙂

4. December 15, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Very nice dress, suits you very well. Glad to see that you included Mariah Carey on your song list 😉

ANOUK

5. December 15, 2016 / 11:45 pm

These are such gorgeous photos of you, Francesca! You are a model. I also love the blurred lights in the background and am so jealous of the snow! Great dress choice, I agree I prefer wearing color during this time because it feels more festive. 🙂

• December 16, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Aww thanks Victoria that’s so sweet! The snow has its pros and cons! Haha

6. thestyletune
    December 16, 2016 / 7:37 am

wow these pictures are beyond beautiful so warm and lovely! ur hair looks gorgeous too!

7. December 18, 2016 / 4:29 pm

You’re absolutely killing it in this look, Francesca! The deep maroon lace dress and fur vest are so winter-chic, and the Christmas lights and snow are the perfect backdrop. I especially like how the dress is from Francesca’s haha. They honestly have the cutest things. Your straight hair is also too sleek 🙂

Sending you the best this holiday season!

imperfect idealist

• December 19, 2016 / 7:31 am

Thanks Lily that’s so sweet! Happy holidays!

8. December 18, 2016 / 5:06 pm

I love the flare lace sleeves of this dress. Great pick.
    Lovely festive Playlist as well.
    Happy Holidays Francesca!

9. December 19, 2016 / 11:59 pm

OMG Colbie is my favorite singer! Glad to see her in your playlist! There is something about Christmas and burgundy outfits, they are a marriage made in heaven! Love your outfit and the pictures.

xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar

• December 20, 2016 / 9:59 am

I love her too, I saw her in concert a few years ago! Thanks so much!

• February 22, 2017 / 7:11 pm

KatrinKas sa kahtlustad glameenitulutatust? Perearst saab teha veretestid, et selgitada, kas on alust seda kahtlustada ja edasine, suhteliselt ebameeldiv uuring ette võtta, või mitte (just tegin need)!

10. December 22, 2016 / 8:02 am