Elementary, My Dear Watson

Processed with VSCO with e1 preset

Processed with VSCO with e1 presetProcessed with VSCO with hb2 presetProcessed with VSCO with hb2 presetProcessed with VSCO with e2 presetProcessed with VSCO with e7 presetProcessed with VSCO with e1 preset

{Wearing: Kimchi Blue dress, Papaya trenchcoat, Freebird by Steven shoes, H&M tights, Nine West bag}

Trenchcoats always remind me of Sherlock Holmes, and no I’ve never seen it and I’m not even positive he wears a trench coat. Just googled it and he totally does.

Anyways, here is another style post! The weather has been getting significantly colder here and whenever this happens I always start to miss my dresses so much. I spend all summer waiting for it to get cold so I can wear jeans and sweaters then when it happens I just want the warmth back. The grass is always greener.

So this is one way I style dresses in colder weather because who says you can’t wear them all year long? I went shopping with my friend Laura yesterday and we found some amazing deals on summer clothing. This dress was originally $80 from Urban Outfitters and I found it on clearance for $15! Obviously, I had to get it, and as soon as I got home I put it on. I styled it with my new favorite trench and some booties and went on my way. I still got pretty freezing on the walk though so in the future I’ll add a scarf and a sweater, but it worked for now.

Back to trenchcoats, they have always been my favorite jacket. I have had the same one since about 9th grade and though it’s been featured on this blog time and time again, I figured it was time to retire it. I was going to splurge on a new one but then I found this for just $25 in Papaya and just pretend in my head it’s from Banana Republic or Zara because I don’t think you can really tell the difference. Trench coats just look so Parisian and effortless, and they make every outfit smarter.

Also, love the new Starbucks holiday cups! They’re cute every year but I like how these ones have different designs! As if I needed another reason to support my cappuccino obsession.

Connect with me on Instagram! @chessabond

1. November 14, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Such a lovely outfit! I love your dress β™‘

2. November 14, 2016 / 6:38 pm

This is such a cute outfit πŸ™‚ I really like the location shots too xoxo

• February 22, 2017 / 7:05 pm

No hauries d’acabar un post com aquest justifican-te o gairebé di-sslpanute.Curiocament, ara que hi penso, mai he tingut aquesta mena de discussió amb la meva mare. Mai he sabut planxar.

3. November 15, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Loving the look and that beautiful dress! I still haven’t gotten my red starbucks cup yet. I am slacking this year! XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

• November 15, 2016 / 7:54 pm

Thank you! And they’re beautiful this year you should go get one! πŸ™‚

4. November 16, 2016 / 6:02 am

The dress is very beautiful, good choice!
    Girl you should definitely watch Sherlock Holmes. The new one with Cumberbatch is very smartly made, I think you would like it.
    Cheers,
    T.

• November 16, 2016 / 9:34 am

Thank you! And it’s on my list of things to watch next, I love Benedict Cumberbatch so I think I’ll really like it!

November 16, 2016 / 6:56 am

Ah, you’re so pretty! I love this trench coat on you – funnily enough I’ve actually just picked up one for winter (needless to say, plenty of jumpers will be worn underneath, haha). πŸ™‚

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

• November 16, 2016 / 9:34 am

Thanks!! I’ll definitely be wearing this in the winter too wth layers, gotta get the most use of it that you can! πŸ™‚

6. November 16, 2016 / 1:39 pm

You look super chic. Love the dress!

Emma | Fashion Photographer and Model | emmanmh.com

7. November 16, 2016 / 3:07 pm

I adore this entire outfit, girlie, and I love that shot of you getting into the car, very cinematic and creative! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you’re having a great week so far!

XO,

Jalisa

8. November 20, 2016 / 6:10 am

Perfect outfit ! Your dress is gorgeous and I really love your shoes. Kisses πŸ™‚

9. December 5, 2016 / 9:59 am

the starbucks cups these year are very pretty yes πŸ˜‰
    and yes sherlock wore a coat in this color haha youre too cute! you should check out the new sherlock series with bennedict cumberbatch in it – its really good

• December 7, 2016 / 10:46 am

That’s another one on my Netflix queue! I think I’ll start that really soon because I love Benedict Cumberbatch!