Pop Some Bubbly!

{Wearing: Francesca’s dress, Nine West heels, Alex and Ani bangles, unknown necklace. Maxi’s wearing a princess hat.}

“Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” -Oscar De La Renta

Don’t die in shock, but I’m updating my blog two days in a row! I can’t even believe it myself, haha. I would like to thank the Academy and…

It’s Oscars time!! I’m not too big into award shows usually but I always get excited for the Oscars. Not going to lie, mostly to see all the red carpet fashion but still. I’m eagerly awaiting Idina Menzel’s performance of “Let it Go” too, I love that song so much. My mom, my dog and I all had a dance party during Pharell’s performance too. That’s what the Oscars is all about right? Enjoying the entertainment industry. Anyways, I love getting dressed up to watch this awards show because it makes me feel just a little better that I’m not a major movie star wearing an Elie Saab Haute Couture gown. 🙂

That said, just wanted to post these and tell you my pick for best dressed. I loved Cate Blanchett’s dress, and Jennifer Garner’s but my number one favorite is Lupita Nyong’o. She looked so beautiful in her baby blue Prada dress. Definitely wonderful style inspiration, and I got a lot of ideas for prom!

Which were your favorite looks from the red carpet?

(P.S. The bubbly is ginger ale, in case you were wondering)

1. March 3, 2014 / 6:46 am

Beautiful photos! I am yet to catch up on the Oscars – I never really watch the ceremony nor particularly interested in it, so I just browse the photos of the outfits when I have a chance. 🙂
    x

• March 21, 2014 / 4:26 pm

The ceremony definitely is not as interesting as the red carpet! 🙂

2. March 3, 2014 / 11:15 am

i havent seen the oscars or the red carpet waaah but i wanna see what cate blanchett wore… wish ill grow old as graceful as her … or gwyneth :3 PS that panda window decor <3

• March 21, 2014 / 4:27 pm

I wish I will too, she is beautiful! Also thanks!

3. March 3, 2014 / 11:21 am

I lived in LA for 8 years and awards season was always one of my favorite and most hated times of the year! Unfortunately, I didn’t get to watch the Oscars this year (the timing in Singapore meant it was on first thing this morning), but I did catch some of the red carpet fashion online and agree, the Prada dress was stunning!

• March 21, 2014 / 4:27 pm

I guess I could see why it would be great and awful at the same time!

4. March 3, 2014 / 2:17 pm

Great photos and I love your dress.=)

5. March 3, 2014 / 2:48 pm

Your dress is so beautiful! Unfortunately due to the time difference, I couldn’t watch the ceremony as I was fast asleep at that time. I saw some photos today and most actresses were dressed perfectly.

• March 22, 2014 / 7:54 am

Thanks and that’s unfortunate! I agree the dresses were perfect!

6. March 3, 2014 / 3:40 pm

I looove your jewellery here! and the cool pattern of your celebrations’ dress 😉
    to be honest I know pretty much nothing about the outfits from the Oscars’ gala though. maybe when someone from my reading list will blog about it I will check it out 🙂 oh and those photos of you and the fluffy dude are my favourites!

7. March 3, 2014 / 4:12 pm

Very pretty with this lovely dress. You are very elegant.
    Cute dog too 🙂

8. March 4, 2014 / 10:49 am

Lol, I was wondering about the bubbly, your dog is too too cute. And you look beautiful in this dress, lovely print. My favs were Charlize, Lupita and Kate Hudson. So great hearing from you always.

9. March 5, 2014 / 8:46 am

Cute photos.
    thanks for sharing
    Hope youre having a good day

10. March 9, 2014 / 3:25 am

Such a gorgeous look! I’ve never thought about dressing up while watching the Oscars, haha but I like that idea! I can’t even imagine what it would be like to dress up all fancy and go to an awards show. I definitely loved Lupita’s dress as well (even though I admit I had no idea who she was and still don’t haha). I didn’t watch the Oscars this year (honestly, the speeches bore me), I’m more into the Grammy’s but even then, not sure if I watched them this year…they’re always on a Sunday when I have to get ready for school the next day (that probably makes me sound like a nerd).

• March 22, 2014 / 7:57 am

It would probably be amazing to dress up and go to the Oscars! And the speeches do get a little boring haha!

11. March 13, 2014 / 10:20 am

You look so cute in this dress and those heels are sooo sexy.
    Such a cute dog too!!

12. March 16, 2014 / 3:27 pm

I just love it when people’s dogs make appearances into their photos. Your dog is a very precious fluffball, he is!

Lupita’s blue dress was astounding. She looked like Cinderella! I loved the color and cut of the dress so, so much. And Ellen was just fabulous.

Your skin is always glowing in your pictures, Francesca! You have lovely smooth skin and such pretty golden hair. 😀 Those heels and that dress look great on you. I hope you have an amazing week!~~!!

13. March 16, 2014 / 4:18 pm

Have a lovely week beauty. See you soon for your next post 🙂

14. Naomi Hanson
    Author
    March 20, 2014 / 7:02 pm

Have you ever thought of like interviewing people you know who have good fashion sense? Like people from your town or school? I think if you’re looking to be a fashion editor that would be really cool, and fun for us readers too!

• March 22, 2014 / 7:58 am

That’s a great idea! I will try that, thanks for letting me know!