Denim on Denim

{Wearing: Free People tunic, gap white tee, unknown necklace, Ditto jeans, 80%2o booties}

Hey! These photos were taken inside a tea shop and book store. The weather has been horrible here, slushy and gray, and the outside just looks awful for pictures so we had to get creative and find a location that looked cute and quaint. This outfit is “denim on denim” which I was never sure was a trend I liked, but decided that I did like it if it was done right. A right way to do this trend is using pieces that are very different and different shades and tones of denim (like dark wash, light wash). Don’t use all the same shade and texture or you will look like Britney Spears and Justin Timblerlake at the American Music Awards in 2001. (Had to add that in there, it’s too funny.)

On the topic of Justin Timberlake, one of my favorite topics, did anyone see him on Jimmy Fallon’s show? Jimmy Fallon debuted on the Tonight Show about a week ago and Justin Timberlake was one of his first guests. It was probably one of the best tonight shows I’ve ever seen and they were so cute, singing and everything. If you want to check out their little “rap battle” it’s adorable and here’s the link.

I’m going to end this with one of my favorite quotes for a little “Saturday night inspiration”. Have a great weekend!

“When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment. I told them they didn’t understand life.” -John Lennon

1. March 2, 2014 / 4:32 am

Lovely look and such a nice tea / book shop! I wish we had some like this one where I live…

2. March 2, 2014 / 5:13 am

The tunic is perfect! And love the tea shop!

XO Imke

3. March 2, 2014 / 8:26 am

I missed JT on the show. Will have to YouTube it:) And love that tunic.

4. March 2, 2014 / 8:27 am

Very nice photos, I love the location. I like how you did denim on denim trend. Actually I hated it when people do it on the same kind of denim on top and bottom but you didn’t. You did the trend perfectly and chic. 🙂

5. March 3, 2014 / 6:51 am

oh wow, Britney and Justin really “rocked” the denim on denim trend! and they “rocked” it hard 😀 but you, on the other hand, totally rocked it! this patterned jacket/shirt looks beautiful and goes wonderfully with the location of your photos. oh and talk about grey weather! we are all about that as well these days.

6. March 3, 2014 / 11:23 am

listening to the history of rap now lol. btw i dont think i ever told you this before but i like how your style is very different from all the other fashion bloggers here. and your body type is also very relatable, at least for me. not to skinny nor too curvy, its just right. so i find your pics educational in a way, i rly dont know how to dress up fashionably these days lol

• March 21, 2014 / 4:28 pm

Aww thanks! I appreciate that you think I’m different because I always try to input something new into the fashion blogosphere 🙂

7. March 3, 2014 / 4:12 pm