Is Winter Overall Yet?

Processed with VSCOcam with m3 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with m3 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with m3 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with m3 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with g3 preset

{Wearing: Free People overalls, combat boots from target. Victoria’s Secret button-down, Kenneth Cole Reaction trenchcoat, unknown necklace}

Happy NYFW! As you may know, this week was New York fashion week, and though I wasn’t anywhere near it, I was following some of the shows and just want to say my favorite trend: OVERALLS.

Three year old me would be happy to see me wearing overalls, and 16 year old me is pretty happy in them. When I saw Teen Vogue’s articles, and the ads, and the shows, and realized overalls were making a comeback I told my parents that these are a staple I need to have. And thus we have, my overall story.

I have wanted a pair for nearly a month, and looked everywhere. I found some online, but I wasn’t sure how they would fit, and didn’t want them to look “Osh-Kosh”. So I went to the mall and looked in American Eagle, which didn’t have them. Gap, which didn’t have them, H&M which had a black pair on a mannequin but were nowhere to be found in the store, and other stores. I surrendered and decided I would order online but then went to a different mall with a Free People last night, and got the perfect pair off of a mannequin in that store. Let’s just say I put them on and heard angels playing trumpets or whatever that thing is. You could also say I am crazy, that would not be a lie. 🙂

Long story short, I am a little in love with these overalls and you might be seeing a lot of them. Anyways, how was your Valentine’s day? I had a really nice day. At school, we had Valentine’s day off, because it was the kickoff to our mid-winter break, so the day before I had a locker party like last year, and handed out valentines. On Valentine’s day, my friends and I went to the movies and saw Endless Love, and went to a party. Now I’m excited because we are on a much needed break, and I can finally blog and relax!

1. February 17, 2014 / 3:05 am

Love overalls too, the one you wear is very cute and you just look adorable with it! Happy Monday, kisses! xo

2. February 17, 2014 / 3:59 am

Love the outfit and the snow! And congratulations on your latest wardrobe addition – what a great find! x

3. February 17, 2014 / 4:00 am

I would love to see Endless Love! anyway, snow… I don’t love that, hehe. our snow is melting and the situation is pretty muddy and wet. I hope it at least means that spring will be here soon. your photos are beautiful as always (and I admit, snow IS beautiful in pictures!). I especially love the necklace since it looks just perfect next to your snow white blouse and dark overalls.

• February 17, 2014 / 5:10 pm

Thank you! Yeah there is so much snow here I don’t even know when spring will come! This winter has been the snowiest one in a long time!

4. February 17, 2014 / 4:47 am

Fabulous photos in the snow sweetie. Your trench is beautiful and you are so pretty.
    Have a lovely week 🙂

5. February 17, 2014 / 7:07 am

Love these overalls, Francesca! You wear them well:) And been dying to see Endless Love coz I love Alex.

6. February 17, 2014 / 8:35 am

I like how you styled your overalls with a white button up and camel coat. Very chic! And I love the snow on your photos too, it looks lovely and ethereal 🙂

7. February 17, 2014 / 9:33 am

It is also one of my favourite trends and I really love how you styled yours!
    You are so rocking the snow and all!

8. February 17, 2014 / 12:26 pm

In love with the ethereal wonderland! The snow is such a pretty effect 🙂

I totally loved your overall story haha. The Osh-Kosh analogy is too funny and I know exactly what you mean by angels singing and trumpets playing when you stumble upon just what you were looking for. Free people is awesome, and these overalls are no exception! Love the edgy touch of those glasses and the sweet necklace.

Mid-winter break–man am I ever jealous! Glad to hear your V-day was fun 🙂 And yay for more blogging time! Enjoy your time off for me!

Also, check your blog email for a guest post request 🙂 You are always the sweetest and thank you for your thoughts on my last post!

• February 17, 2014 / 5:13 pm

Thanks Lily! I will enjoy my time off very much haha! I replied to your email, I’m so excited!

9. February 17, 2014 / 3:15 pm

Nice look. Love the overall.

10. February 17, 2014 / 4:46 pm

Beautiful photos of you in the snow! The trench coat looks perfect on you. Such a classic piece.

11. February 18, 2014 / 1:48 am

whats a locker party? 😀 ah i wish we had winter here too, your photos are BEAUTIFUL as always, and i love how your cheeks are naturally rosy here, like it-was-too-cold-so-my-skin-is-blushing type 🙂 btw a random question – do all stores in the US go on sale for spring break? im planning to buy some stuff online but if they will have a huge discount for spring i might just wait for it then 😀

• February 26, 2014 / 12:00 am

Haha well here’s the locker party story. Last Valentine’s day, I was upset to be stuck in school the whole day so I decorated my locker, brought a speaker for music, brought cookies and candy and threw a party at my locker. Now I have them for every holiday! And thank you! I’m not sure if all stores have great deals for spring, but I recommend googling coupons for the store you’re shopping at online because some websites have good discount codes!

12. February 19, 2014 / 7:37 am

Hi dear, it look so cold on your side, It barely snows here so its great to see this white blanket. Love the classic camel coat and your overalls look adorably chic. Thanks for sharing your opinion on my last post.

• April 2, 2017 / 2:28 pm

Hallo Herr Schulzdanke für diese neuesten Informationen. Nun hat also Sämi doch noch seine Rückreise angetreten. Meine Anfrage bei Ihnen war einfach ein paar Tage zu früh!Ich wünsche uns und Sämi, dass er gesund in unsere Regionen zurückfindet und uns noch viel Freude bereiten wi.eiVrdlleicht liest er ja in Spanien Dani auf und dann reisen gemeinsam zurück in die Schweiz.Ich bin jedenfalls sehr gespannt wie es weiter geht.

13. February 19, 2014 / 10:33 am

Now this sounds like true love for Valentine’s Day! I love Free People– they always such cool pieces. Love the snow in these photos!!

14. February 19, 2014 / 7:18 pm

That’s a very cool overall story, haha. I actually didn’t realize at first that you’re wearing overalls- you’ve made ’em look super stylish! And I can’t believe it’s still snowing there! I loved overalls back in the day up til about the age of 11 and then they suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. It’s interesting to see them making a comeback though. I think they’re a tricky trend to style.

• February 26, 2014 / 12:02 am

They definitely are a tricky trend but done right they are so fun! And yeah it is still like 10 degrees here, I’m beginning to think winter is never going away!

15. February 20, 2014 / 9:25 am

Bahaha, I like your little overall finding adventure. Taking things from mannequins is pretty fun and daring, if you ask me. Glad you finally found a pair–these look great on you! I’m envious of you lovely ladies who can pull overalls off. I’ve seen it popping up more and more lately as we transition into spring (clearly not the case with your snowy winter pics, haha!) and I gotta say, it’s pretty darn cute!

16. Galaxia @ Hopeful Kiss | A Pink Lipstick Life!
    February 25, 2014 / 11:54 pm

It took me awhile to realize that these were overalls! I’d never know you were only 16, too, you look so glam! Thanks for styling these because I’d love them to make a comeback, for real.

17. March 1, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Those overalls are adorable on you!
    … I can’t wait for winter to be over, haha.