Thankful

Thanksgiving is a great time for reflection, to think about the things in your life that you are grateful for and couldn’t live without. There are so many things I am grateful for, it’s hard to list them all off. For my Creative Writing class at school, we had to make a list of 250 things we were thankful for. It wasn’t very hard at the beginning, then it got a little more difficult but my friends helped me finish the list in study hall. It’s things like that I’m thankful for. Help from friends that you don’t even have to ask for. Β People always talk about how corrupt our world is, and how screwed up everyone is. When it comes down to it, however, I truly believe that there are more good things in life than bad, and if you focus on the good moments, then you will love your life. People go through rough times in life, it’s bound to happen. There are many deep, dark, inevitable things and there’s no way around it. But the moments of laughter and happiness and random times of fun, that’s what it’s all about. The relationships you create, the moments that you look back on and smile, the songs that remind you of different people, the times when people surprise you in the best way. I’m thankful for that. I know it’s cheesy, and probably sounds very idealistic but it’s Thanksgiving and it’s not about feeling sorry for yourself, it’s about being happy that you’re alive.

I read an article the other day about daydreaming and being stuck in your head. I can’t even tell you how much time I spend imagining random scenarios in my head that will probably never happen. I know it’s way too early to talk about New Year’s resolutions, but seeing as I never actually complete my New Year’s resolutions, maybe if I make it now I’ll actually keep it. I want to start being a little more brave, and working towards making those scenarios I want to happen actually happen. Because dreaming is very helpful as long as you work to make it happen, dreaming without doing doesn’t work so well. So this Thanksgiving, reflect on what you love and what makes you happy, and work on making the things you dream about a reality so you can be thankful for that. Maybe when I zone out in physics, it will actually be productive. Just kidding, another one of my resolutions is to pay attention more in physics. I’ve been working on it, I swear.

On another note, I would also like to say I’m thankful for Justin Timberlake, snow, romantic comedies, and coffee. Just a few of my favorite things.

Here are some photos of my friends and family (and maxi, my dog) to show a few more things I’m grateful for!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! πŸ˜€

IMG_7593

ErinOveisBrant-2-1528-L

IMG_20130926_205936

IMG_20131014_000345

{Second photo credit to Erin Oveis Brant}

1. November 28, 2013 / 8:05 am

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family:)
    PS I always zoned out in Physics too:D

2. November 28, 2013 / 9:13 am

Ah, Francesca! I swear we’re the same person. I have the same optimistic approach to life–nothing wrong with being idealistic! Why see only the bad when you can see the good too, and see them as a coherent whole for perspective? I agree–it’s the sweet little things that count.

As for dreaming, oh, I totally resonate with that. Sometimes I become too satisfied with creating fantasies in my head of achieving great things, traveling the world, ect. We’ll work on the acting part together (:

Hehe, romcoms are the best and your family and friends (and dog!) photos are too precious. Have a beautiful thanksgiving and best of luck with school!

• November 29, 2013 / 10:14 am

Haha very true! Thank you and happy thanksgiving to you too!

3. November 28, 2013 / 1:15 pm

enjoy thanksgiving, dear πŸ™‚ (we don’t have it here in Estonia)
    by the way, your doggie is adorable and I would totally hug him/her like crazy! πŸ˜€ so please do forward my hugs, hehe. and I like the way you have described thanksgiving and all the things you are thankful for. and the photos are beautiful too!

• November 29, 2013 / 10:16 am

Thanks! I will definitely give her your hugs!

4. November 29, 2013 / 7:27 am

Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! Unfortunately we do not celebrate this in Europe but it would be nice to have a day where you remember everything to be grateful for.

5. November 29, 2013 / 12:02 pm

Haha your dog is sooo cute!
    I agree with you, it’s important to be positive because life can be pretty amazing πŸ™‚

6. November 30, 2013 / 2:23 pm

That’s a really cool homework!
    I think we should think about the good things in life way more often.

7. December 7, 2013 / 4:52 am

aw im thankful for Justin Timberlake too!! ^^ i wish i was as good as you in writing. btw out of curiosity what are your favorite books?

belated happy thanksgiving! πŸ™‚

• December 9, 2013 / 12:07 am

Aww thanks but you are! My favorite books are…definitely the Harry Potter series, and To Kill a Mockingbird. I love Harry Potter because it’s so magical and a great story and To Kill a Mockingbird has such a nice message!

8. December 7, 2013 / 4:53 am