Somewhere Beyond The Sea

IMG_7335-1

watercollage

IMG_7452

IMG_7476

IMG_7522

IMG_7541-1

{Wearing: H&M sweater and dress, target belt, thrifted denim jacket, unknown boots, headscarf c/o Mizpah Designs}

“Somewhere beyond the sea, somewhere waiting for me. My lover stands on golden sands, and watches the ships that go sailing” -Bobby Darin

As you read that little quote, I hope you can hear the song in your head! I feel like those are lyrics I cant read without singing to myself.

So in case you were wondering, yes those photos in the lake were taken this weekend and yes the water was completely freezing and it was super cold out. I like to call that dedication (or lunacy), either works.

This beautiful headscarf was sent to me by the most adorable Etsy shop, Mizpah Designs! It is such a lovely shop, with really pretty, quality headscarves! I received the scarf in the mail and it came in this really cute packaging (always a nice touch) and then I opened it and saw a beautiful, silky, colorful scarf! I definitely recommend checking this shop out! 🙂

I was going to go for a Bridget Bardot themed bohemian outfit vibe here, but then I just put of one of my favorite looks that I wear all the time, and accessorizing it a little more rustic. Sweaters paired with dresses has to be one of my favorite outfit combos right now because it gives you even more ways to style your dress without outfit repeating! Genius!

If this location seems a bit familiar, it’s because I actually went here for part of my photos for the last post! The day we took pictures last post was really windy and so we couldn’t take too many there, but I told my mom and dad that we had to go back this weekend and just see this place again, because it’s incredible! Like my own little piece of paradise, I can’t wait to see this little beach during the summer. We found it while just driving down the lake, looking for a pretty place to take photos, and my dad just pulled into this park and we drove a little further, and a little further and BAM! pretty beach. Not much else to say, but that it was a very lucky day.

Hope you all are having a great November so far, and are looking forward to Thanksgiving!

Love, Francesca 🙂

1. November 21, 2013 / 1:01 pm

Such cute photos, Francesca. I like the sweater-with-dress look:)

PS That song is in my head now!

2. November 21, 2013 / 2:17 pm

Lovely photos.=)

3. November 22, 2013 / 1:25 am

Lovely dress and beautiful photos as always!

4. November 23, 2013 / 2:43 am

wow, it definitely seems like a rather chilly experience! 😛 but the seaside sure is gorgeous and your photos are beautiful. I love the royal green colour of your sweater, those red booties and your new pink hair thingy. pink and blonde are lovely together 🙂 oh and I sure wish my parents could take photos like that! 😛

• November 25, 2013 / 10:36 pm

Thank you very much! My parents are very good at it, haha!

5. November 23, 2013 / 5:30 am

Lovely skirt sweetie and your jacket is perfect. The place is beautiful too. Have a lovely weekend 🙂

6. November 23, 2013 / 6:49 am

The photos are beautiful, you have been brave if the lake was that freezing!:) The headband is so cute and suits you! I like also the whole combo. Kisses! xo

7. November 23, 2013 / 9:28 am

I started singing it the moment I read the title LOL :)) I like your outfit, it’s like Blair Waldorf in the 80’s. Super cool!

8. November 25, 2013 / 3:42 am

Beautiful scenery for the photos and I do love your outfit

9. November 25, 2013 / 7:42 pm

Cute outfit and cute pics! I love how you’re always having fun in your outfit shoots — wish it was warm enough for me to frolick in the water!

10. November 26, 2013 / 1:24 am

Such a stunning background, it looks beautiful there! And you look so pretty x

11. November 26, 2013 / 1:33 am

lovely outfit and photos

12. November 26, 2013 / 8:52 am

This is a beautiful location for photos, I love the dark green hue of your jumper, really intriguing and it looks so great contrasted with the lighter white dress. Your hair looks so pretty hun!

13. November 26, 2013 / 5:34 pm

must be nice to live near places like this 🙂 i noticed that the setting of your shoots are mostly somewhere very scenic and naturish. its beautiful <3 when the time comes that im brave enough to do OOTD shoots i wish it will look as pretty as yours!

• November 27, 2013 / 5:52 pm

Aww thanks, I’m sure they will be! I live in the countryside so I’m surrounded by a lot of nature. Sometimes I would like more urban photos though!

14. November 26, 2013 / 5:46 pm

Those photos look very beautiful and calm! The location is very beautiful, this makes me want to take a stroll on the beach in fall as well!
    And, wow, how brave of you to step into that cold water, it must have been an exhilarating feeling! 🙂

15. November 27, 2013 / 8:33 am

I like your sweater…and your pictures are also so nice dear…

Have a nice day
    Chadlen

16. November 27, 2013 / 12:26 pm

LOVE this post:) your blog makes me happy everytime I visit.

Check out my new post…a FAB. French appartment to die for:)

have a great day dear¨