Head in the Clouds

035

“I want my heart and my passions to be the most beautiful thing about me”

Happy September! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, and I couldn’t be more happy it’s finally here! My birthday’s coming up this month (turning 16!) and just started school again a couple days ago! I miraculously finished my summer work, and the classes I have are really great with great people. I also had my first field hockey game of the season on Thursday, and it was so fun! One more exciting thing; I got my hair cut, and highlighted! Every time I get my hair cut, I get so excited. I got a good amount off and it’s a lot more manageable and healthy!

031

On Friday, in my Creative Writing class (best. class. ever.) my teacher gave us a journal topic to write about, and it was such an interesting topic I had to share! The question was “If you could marry, be best friends with, and have a dinner date with anyone whose ever lived, who would you choose?”

020

I chose Prince Harry for my husband, because he is worldly and seems nice and smart and well…..I would be a princess!!

For my best friend I would choose  my mom, my best friend Maddie, and Blake Lively. I cheated on this one and picked three but I thought it was ok because you can never have too many besties. I chose my mom because she is loving and nice and a wonderful person. Maddie because she is a great best friend and we always have a lot of fun. And Blake Lively because who wouldn’t want to be best friends with Blake Lively? She’s pretty awesome, is married to Ryan Reynolds and could call up any actor from Gossip Girl in a heartbeat.

The dinner date was my hardest decision. I immediately thought Audrey Hepburn, and she is who I ended up going with. I also was thinking Coco Chanel, Maya Angelou, and Anna Wintour. I chose Audrey because I would love to ask her all about life, fashion, and everything she believed in because she was such an inspirational, elegant woman. The others would be pretty spectacular to talk to, also.

Who would you choose for each of them?

044

038-1

042

049

{Wearing: thrifted green jacket, Aeropostale lace tunic, scarf from A Lily and a Sparrow, American Eagle jeans, Rampage boots, windcatcher earrings}

I have been looking for a green jacket like this all summer, until I found one in my closet. I bought one while thrifting a few months back and put it away. I like how “olive green” jackets complete the look and I think olive is my new favorite color. I also love adding colorful scarves to an outfit because they add a pop of color and design!

I actually bought these boots today and loved them so much that I put them on in the car before taking pictures! Last night I was babysitting and because I’m the type of person who spends money as soon as I make it, I went out today and bought a new pair of riding boots. I had been wanting a new pair for fall, and figured it was the perfect time to get them.

This was such a long post, but I had a lot to write! I just write my thoughts so thanks if you read all of this! 🙂

1. September 8, 2013 / 2:54 am

Prince Harry is a good catch indeed! Your hair looks fabulous. I didn’t know that you highlight it. It’s something I want to try as well.

2. September 8, 2013 / 8:57 am

Oh man, that CW class sounds fun! And what interesting questions. I like your choice of Prince Harry, hahaha. Being a princess would be rad. I can’t even fathom who I would marry… someone nice and funny, please, who likes being in nature and dressing up and doing all sorts of fun outdoor things!

I love those boots so much on you, Francesca! The buckles and sides are so cute. And oh, your hair is always so pretty. Definitely got the princess hair if you ever marry Harry, haha! 🙂

• September 8, 2013 / 4:39 pm

Aww thanks Ali! And those are great things to find in a guy!

3. September 8, 2013 / 12:25 pm

Your hair looks so very pretty, love the cut! I can’t believe you’re just 15, I feel like you write so much more mature than your age 🙂

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

4. September 8, 2013 / 10:18 pm

So great to hear that you’ve been having such a great start to fall, Francesca:) Advanced Happy Birthday as well.
    I love that topic you got for your creative writing class. I love Audrey Hepburn as well, so I think that’s a great choice:D
    PS Hair is looking good.

5. September 8, 2013 / 10:25 pm

I know, I’m so happy fall is starting to arrive! We’ve had a few rainstorms here and it’s lovely watching the thunder and lightning. I love it 🙂
    Great army jacket and scarf!

The Dragonfruit Diaries

6. September 8, 2013 / 10:40 pm

love this edgy motorcycle outfit w/ the pretty floral scarf thrown in! edge + sweet 🙂

7. September 9, 2013 / 4:36 am

Happy September sweety, so exciting for your 16th! Do you have any plans, its going to be a wonderful month for you I am sure. Your hair looks stunning and radiates your beauty even more. The jacket is so chic, the perfect piece for fall. Love the question your teacher posed, I would like to borrow it maybe for a future post, but I will link back to you of course, only is it is okay. Have a wonderful week ahead doll!

• September 9, 2013 / 6:27 am

Thanks Sam!! For my birthday we are going to NYC and taking my best friend but the trip won’t be until October. I would love if you used it in a post! I was excited when she gave us the topic because it’s so interesting and I could write on my blog about it!

8. September 9, 2013 / 4:54 am

I think your choices are perfect and that you could be a great princess:) Cool outfit, love the jacket and the bootis, looking great!:) Kisses! xo

9. September 9, 2013 / 9:04 am

I always have such a hard time to decide which person to choose with questions like that! I am kind of glad it was not my class task 🙂

10. September 9, 2013 / 2:45 pm

I like long posts when they’re interesting like this one here. for example reading your post made me want to visit my hairdresser (though I did it in June). well and you just write really well, of course! but I’m not going to answer the question because I’m one of those people who don’t have any idols and such.
    oh and your new boots look great! and thank you for visiting my blog too!

11. Anonymous
    September 9, 2013 / 8:08 pm

I loved creative writing! You won’t do a ton of writing in it, but it is a great class for discussions, especially if you have a lot of people who are completely different.

12. September 10, 2013 / 7:01 pm

Oh doll, you look dashing and your answers are very interesting I agree with you but on the last question I would chose Margaret Thatcher or Coco Chanel.
    Your hair look great and I wish you a splendid rest of the week!

• September 15, 2013 / 4:14 pm

Ooo those would be great dinner dates too! Thanks!

13. September 11, 2013 / 7:59 pm

Adorable fall outfit, love your pretty scarf!

14. September 12, 2013 / 10:19 am

It’s interesting to know how you chose the different people. At least you managed to narrow down to one and three. I wouldn’t even know who to choose coz I’m just too greedy. Are your curls natural or did you perm them? They look so nicely curled after your hair cut.

RYC:
    Thanx for your support. My instagram ID is iamjolene. You could also connect with me via all the social media buttons at the top of my page. Let me know what’s yours too!

• September 15, 2013 / 4:15 pm

It was very hard to narrow them down! My hair is just naturally curly!

15. September 12, 2013 / 10:20 am

I just followed you on bloglovin. You do not have GFC follower enabled right? Hope to see you around more often, sweetie.

16. September 12, 2013 / 5:17 pm

Cute outfit! And happy early birthday – I always forget how young you are!

17. September 14, 2013 / 2:16 pm

hahaha nice prince harry answer! omg i didnt know you were only 16 :O or did i? you really have a bright future ahead of you. very talented and pretty young lady. advance happy birthday! 🙂

18. September 15, 2013 / 4:03 pm

Perfect style beauty ! Your boots are beautiful and I love your jacket and your scarf. Very pretty 🙂

19. September 15, 2013 / 9:52 pm

Ohmygosh you’re too cute! And hmm what an interesting writing assignment! And is it stupid that I would totally just pick my best friend for my best friend and my dinner date with my boyfriend? They make me the happiest person in the world, no other famous person could compare:P
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Olivia

• September 16, 2013 / 5:12 pm

Aww thanks! And no, that’s great, it’s so good that you have people who make you so happy in your life! 🙂

20. September 16, 2013 / 1:50 am

You look great in every different style, so pretty.

21. September 16, 2013 / 6:40 am

Happy Monday, enjoy the new week! xo

22. September 16, 2013 / 7:44 am

I love your cute fall outfit. Esp. your new boots and the green jacket. Prinz Harry at least you would have fun. Let me guess. Marry Ryan Gosling. Best friend Eva Green and dinner date Colin Farrell 😀
    Btw I love your new hairdo. Looks beautiful.

xx Mira

• September 16, 2013 / 5:27 pm

Thanks Mira! Ryan Gosling is such a cutie, haha and he would make a good husband!

23. September 16, 2013 / 8:29 am

Hello dear Francesca, thanks so much for your reply and permission, I really appreciate it.