Just A Classic

054

Lace and denim are so classic, they just go together so perfectly. Like peanut butter and jelly, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, red lips and black dresses, me and Chase Crawford! Okay, well maybe not the last one… (he’s my celebrity crush) but they really do. Lace paired with denim has been a wardrobe staple for…well ever. Lace and denim, whether they’re in the form of pants, skirts, tops or dresses will always be go-to classics.

016

029-1

052-1

014-11

011

{Wearing; Lace TunicSkinny Jeans, Wristlet (all gifts from Aeropostale) and White Mountain wedges} Pictures taken at Alternative Grounds Cafe!

I have really exciting news to share, Aeropostale sponsored me! I couldn’t wait to tell you, but figured I should until I purchased the clothes! I was super excited because Aeropostale has adorable clothes that are nice quality and super trendy! They let me pick out whatever I wanted at a very fun shopping event! I tried on their skinny jeans and really loved them (and that’s saying something because jean shopping is the only type of shopping I loathe) and also got really happy when I saw this lace tunic. I just want to give a huge thank you to Aeropostale for everything and a recommendation to all of you to check out their new fall collection, you won’t be disappointed!

So you may be wondering why I’m wearing jeans in August…it’s literally fall here. Everyday has been jeans and a light sweater weather and I must say I’m loving it. I know that you shouldn’t wish away a season, but I just can’t stand summer heat. No school and fall like temperatures is a dream though, so I have been in very good spirits recently!

In this outfit, I wore a summery tunic, but warmed it up by wearing jeans. Another reverse way of doing this is styling a summery skirt or shorts with a sweater. I also love the look of green anoraks with a lace top, denim shorts and boots. I might try that out soon! It’s a little more “mountain climber” than my usual “girly casual” but you have to try new things out right? Next step, find a cute anorak. I feel like I’m always looking for something, my closet is never complete!

1. August 6, 2013 / 6:48 am

Congrats on the sponsorship, Francesca:) Aeropostale has great stuff. I like their jeans a lot. And I agree…lace-and-denim is such a great classic combo. Great outfit:)

2. Sam @ Frills & Thrills
    August 6, 2013 / 7:21 am

Hi sweety, thats so great about the sponsorship! love your pretty and feminine lace top, what a wonderful piece and its perfect with denim.

3. August 6, 2013 / 8:40 am

Great look and congrats on the sponsorship.=)

4. August 6, 2013 / 9:00 am

Honey you look flawless and I agree that lace and denim are all time classic.
    Congrats on the sponsorship and I like the lookbook.

5. Anonymous
    August 6, 2013 / 10:29 am

Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Such pretty items, and jeans and lace go so well together!

Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

6. August 6, 2013 / 11:38 am

pretty!! love your seafoam purse.. such a pretty color against your white top!! you look lovely hon!

7. August 6, 2013 / 12:18 pm

congrats on your sponsorship 🙂 you deserve it everytime i look through you pics i feel like its a girl next door type of commercial 🙂

8. August 6, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Ha ha, my closet is never complete either! Love the outfit that you’re showing in this post – very cute and romantic at the same time.

9. August 7, 2013 / 5:41 am

Ah congrats! Lovely picks too! x

10. August 7, 2013 / 6:38 am

Adorable look. I love the denim and lace combo. The tunic is so beautiful. Hey why not Chase and you. He’s gorgeous. Congrats on your new sponsor. I have to check them out 😀

xx Mira

• August 8, 2013 / 11:03 pm

Thank you very much! And I know, he is gorgeous!

11. August 8, 2013 / 6:55 am

Hey congrats! That is indeed a great news! This is a nice summer outfit!!

Kisses,
    Bex

12. August 8, 2013 / 9:42 am

I totally agree with you… Well on the lace and denim thing LOL!! Anyway, you look lovely, as always and congratulations on being sponsored by Aeropostale! I love that brand 🙂

13. August 8, 2013 / 3:50 pm

HEY, THE TOP IS VERY LOVELY 🙂

14. August 10, 2013 / 1:43 am

Hehehe, I definitely agree with you that lace and denim go so well together just like you and Chase Crawford! 😉 And yay! Congrats on being sponsored by Aeropostle! I’ve only ever shopped there once (bought a super comfy sweatshirt that I never stop wearing) but that’s mainly because the closest store is kinda far away otherwise I like a lot of their stuff. Love this whole outfit, especially like that wristlet! 🙂

• August 10, 2013 / 9:11 pm

Thanks so much Victoria! 🙂 Their sweatshirts are super comfy!

15. August 10, 2013 / 9:10 am

That’s really generous of Aeropostale and your lave tunic looks so lovely. I love that black and white shot of it. I’m glad you had fun picking their clothes.

Thank you for returning the visit to my blog. I love it when there’s 2-way communication.

16. August 10, 2013 / 7:24 pm

Aw, you’re just the cutest Francesca! I chuckled at your analogies (: Your looks are always simply darling–I agree, lace and denim are meant for each other. And your necklace is simply exquisite! The bright clutch adds a lovely pop of color.

EEEEEEEE. Yay for the sponsorship! I think many of us think logo tees when we hear Aeropostale, but your picks are so stylish! I’m going to have to stop by the store next time I’m at the mall (:

Haha, and I’m totally the same way about my closet! I’m always looking to improve my collection. Right now I’m totally lusting after a pair of brown oxfords for fall. Good luck with your anorak search, girl!

• August 10, 2013 / 9:12 pm

Haha thank you very much! I love oxfords, and thanks for the luck, I’ll probably need it!

17. August 11, 2013 / 8:12 am

Ah, lucky you that it’s fall-like there! I swear, it’s getting slowly more humid here… just when I thought we’d get away with a nice, slightly-decent summer. Oh well. I guess I can handle half a month to a month of awful heat. 😉

Congrats on being sponsored by Aeropostle! Wowow, to have such a big and well-known company reach out to you must make you feel pretty awesome, huh?? 😀 Don’t forget me when you’re famous!!

These pictures are so dreaaaamy and I love the lighting. Lace and denim always do look so cute together. n___n and your hair is stunning as always, my pretty!

• August 11, 2013 / 8:58 pm

Half a month of heat isn’t as bad, haha, gotta think positive! 🙂 Thank you very much Ali!

18. August 12, 2013 / 2:41 pm

Very pretty, your shoes are adorable 🙂